F O U N D

In the movie, a young girl covers the song of a faded superstar who is paralyzed by loss. 

By the chorus, the audience is on its feet, singing in unison

"...I still haven't found what I'm looking for..." 

:: The jaded old timer is rallied and joins in song. :: 

"...I believe in the kingdom come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
But yes I'm still running 


You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross
Of my shame
Oh my shame
You know I believe it
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for..." 

I felt my heart break a little- for humanity; for all of us longing to know -and feel- that we are truly loved.

I'm convinced it's what we're all seeking, every last one of us: love that knows us fully and keeps us forever. 

That's the Good News of Christmas. 
We can stop running. 
No more hide-and-seek, we've been found. 

And we are already so very loved. 
For keeps. 

                        Still Haven't Found

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind or be quiet